From BUNKER To BANKER..!!!

Hiee all.. It has been some time that I have been away from "My Corner" and the reason for it is is I am busy at some other corner. This corner is my workplace. I am loving my new job a lot. Actually there are so many interesting things around that I can blog everyday about the new things I found but after coming back home I am so tired that I just check my updates, leave a few comments and then I am off to sleep. Today I finally completed one whole post and yeah I end my ramblings here so that you can proceed to the post.. :P

I had heard a lot about things changing while moving from Campus To Corporate.. Everyone said the world out there is hard to survive in , competitive and you have to prove yourself in every field. I had my own perceptions about it.. Call it dreams or my expectations, I always wanted it to be a place with good people around and this place is really wonderful... After a few days in here, this is my take at the changes I found while transforming from a "Bunker" To "Banker"...




  • "TIME" and "DISCIPLINE". Its really important to be on time, no matter wherever you come from and in whatever weather. Excuses like Traffic jam are considered LAME here and when was the last time anyone questioned you in a college for being LATE..???

  • Greetings changed from "Hieee... " to "Good Morning..!! "

  • Dressing is not just about being cool or casual but being presentable....

  • You can't behave as casually as you could when in college. You are responsible even when you put a small TICK mark on a paper....

  • "Aaj mood nahi, kal karte hai" attitude is just not acceptable..

  • At any point of time you could encounter the question "What did you do today?" and the answer has to be a definite one.

  • You can never have have an attitude of "WHO CARES" and "I-KNOW-IT-ALL". It is actually the best place to learn and the more you accept the fact that "I DON'T KNOW", the more you get to learn.

  • Gossiping is a big NO... You can never know how things you once said can get against you... Whereas the best part of college was the CANTEEN CONVERSATIONS about the crushes and the over smart guy and the stupid girl in the class...!!

  • MONTH END no longer means waiting POCKET MONEY but waiting for SALARY...

  • Jokes no longer revolve around professors but customers..!!!


Apart from these there are a few similarities too.. The break is the most enjoyable time of the day. It brings everyone together and its a sort of Round Table Conference with a variety of topics discussed. Weekends are definitely awaited for. Monday mornings brings the same blues....!! Huh...!!

Things are really different "On the other side of Counter" is what I had heard at our induction and it is so true. Being on the other side you need to understand what you had complained once as a customer and now what situation the person who is complaining is in. Once you get to know that you really feel connected to your job and try to give your best. I actually experienced it and now my attitude has changed a lot. The changes do come about eventually if not at DAY-1 and all those who have been through it would surely agree with me that it only helps to make you BETTER...!!!

Comments

Ganesh_Dalal said…
So ur learning curve is growing exponentially.. gud hai.. but things do differ from place to place.. differences in dressing, greeting, eating, working...
pRasad said…
Damn True :))

Nice observation..

College life was good except the exam and study part..
Unruly Rebel said…
nice post n so true...dere r alwaz things u want to do away wid..for eg work...anywaz hope u enjoy the changes n ur job... :)


Namit
I blog at http://i-am-a-man-namit.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
How true was that..
Felt so connected..
Even I started from the last month.

Campus to office journey is not so cool but nonetheless, salary comes at last..

All the best with ur job. Hope we get to hear more n more about ur work and office.

Cheers

Nuts
rohini said…
All the best Urvashi for ur corporate journey...wat all u stated is so true....we all connect to it...
Gautam said…
I could so relate to the wonderful experiences you are going through!! It took me some time to get that casual nature out of the way but professional life is fun in it's own way!!
All the best for the road ahead :)
hey congrats first of all and all the best for ur corporate life...I agree with you completely transformation from campus to corporate indeed quite different but thats magical...
hey congrats first of all and all the best for ur corporate life...I agree with you completely transformation from campus to corporate indeed quite different but thats magical...
Urvashi said…
@Ganesh : Yeahh.. Learning new things and the differences..... I agree over it but I'm yet to see them..!!!

@Prasad: Thanks.. yeah Except for exams it was lovely but Exams don't leave us here too..!!!

@Namit: Haha... yeah.. Looking for the bright side of things.. thanks 4 visiting...TC :)

@Nipun : Hey you too joined last month.. Cool... Good luck ot you too..

Thanks and yeah I would surely come up with more incidences..TC :)

@Rohini : Thanks for your wishes..!!

@Gautam : Hmmm... Yeah I too have a little bit of casualness but thankfully the people around understand it perfectly well and so it doesn't create major problems.,. Looking to change for better... TC :)

@Niraj : Thanks a lot for your wishes that would help me in the road ahead on the magical journey...!!

Popular posts from this blog

3 Idiots, Damini's Take (Part - 2)

For the first time...

3 Idiots, My take - (PART 1)