I too had a Love Story....!!

Hmmm the title... Does it sound like I am suffering from some Post- Valentine Syndrome..where in seeing all the happy couples around and love being in the air, I am sad and thinking of my own good times....???

Naaa... It is nothing of that sort.. This is the title of the Book I read this week and it was so, so, so good that I just could not stop from writing about it here...!!!

I happened to just find this book incidentally and it was not very big in size so I thought I would take it and complete reading it soon...(These days...I am hardly finding any time to read real, big novels..!!! :| ) So I got the book and started reading...

And once I started, I found the book to be really a very nice piece of work..The language so simple, the characters described so perfectly that I could imagine the whole story in front of my eyes. Turning pages by pages, I would always wait for what next now...!!! The whole story being set in the present day Indian background, it was so easy to identify with the characters , their behaviour, they way they spoke, the moods...Everything, everything so simple and catchy..!!

The story is really nice and after reading the book,I found that it was true and not fiction.. That was really shocking because the story does not have a happy ending as love stories do have...!! The author Ravinder Singh has really created magic in those 200 pages of the book... A story which I will really never forget.... The feelings, emotions of falling in Love described in the book are so wonderful that after reading it I am just thinking - I too wanna have a Love Story..!!!! ;) :)


P.S. : - I have never written book any reviews and this post is also not meant for that. I just wanted to write about the book because I liked it a lot.. It is a best seller but I am surprised I had never heard of the book before i read it.... But if you like love stories and you find this book, do read it .. I am sure you would like it...!! : )


Comments

Ordinary Gal said…
Yes Urvashi...the same feelings was with me after reading the story...I too want to have a Love story and a Lover like Ravin hee hee ;)

I too read it last week :)
Anonymous said…
Hmmmm reading 2nd review about this book within a weeks time....guess would get that book and add on my opinions here !
Neha said…
will surely try and find this book :)
Meow said…
guess I'll catch up with this book soon :)
Anoop said…
u broke the suspense in the 1st two paragraphs.. :D

anyway even i like short novels.. i wil buy it too... :)
Gautam said…
I know now what's next on my reading list! :)
yes..i agree with u ...its a great piece of writing..i read it last year...
Siddhesh Kabe said…
eh... i did not liek that book et all...:D
Harini said…
I dint read it yet. Will do now :P
Urvashi said…
@An ordianry Gal : Hey Riya, i too read it the same time...

Inch pinch 4 the similarity.. ;)

Let me know if u find someone.. :)

@Adreamygal : yeah..get it soon...would be waiting 4 ur view..

@Neha : yup..do try :)

@ meow: Hmm..u wud like it I think...do let me knw wen u read it :)

@Anoop : Haahaaa... :) I shd hv created even more suspense then??

Do read n tell me too..Okk?? :)

@Gautam : ohh..so u r also gonna read it..Its a Nice work...U'll enjoy cos its mostly about phone calls, phone calls n even more phone calls.... ;)

@Niraj : Last year..thts nice :)

I jus heard of it now... Good to know tht u liked it too.. :)

@Sid : u dint like it..?? Strange but thanks to you..... I got to know someone who dint like it... :)

@Harini: Kk...!! :)
binal said…
looking forward to read the book....!!
sounds interesting...will look it up once I've finished with the seven novels I have on my desk now :P
buckingfastard said…
arre i hrd of dis buk but never read it...guess i shud....i love dis new writer books based it urban india

btw u read "my friend sancho" ...its a happy love story...try it!!
Karthik said…
Love story? Aaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh! :P
I only hope the author is not as disgusting as CB. :P
Urvashi said…
@Binal...yeah...read it soon dear..!! :)

@Shaunak : yeah, i found it interesting... C wen u get time.. :)

@BF: hmmm...same with me..

I like books based on present day urban culture.. I hvnt read the book u mentioned...wl try to find it :)

@Karthik: Ohh, if u find CB, i think v wud hv difference of opinion ovr this book too... :P :P
S said…
Have read this book, though like every other Indian fiction novel had it's own charm, where we can connect to the other story .. I didn't like it much :|

Anyways your reviews makes it look nicer .. and you too will have a love story, soon :)

Wishes ...
Sourav .. in love with me and life!! :)
Anamika sureka said…
Well your review has really inspired me to buy a copy for myself but i already have enough for this season .
Jon said…
Why do everyone have to post on love around Feb 14th????
Urvashi said…
@Sourav: Thanks 4 ur wishes :)

@Anamika : Happy to know ur view..I guess once u start wid the book..u wud find time...it happened with me too.. :)

@Jon : It was just a co-incidence that I completed reading the book (which happens to be a love story) on 14the Feb cos I had a break of 3 days then n so the post ....

Thansk 4 dropping by.. :)
Sh@s said…
Hi! it would hav been nice if u had added a bit about the story, characters n plot.
Ordinary Gal said…
you have been awarded dear...check out my space :)
Anonymous said…
Hmmm..........Read this book...really charming. The way the author has narrated the story is amazing
:)
KEEP blogging
Anoop said…
hey...u got a surprise...check my blog..
tats ur 2nd one..rite?? :D
Tarang Sinha said…
Thanks for sharing your views. I'm really looking forward to read this book.

Popular posts from this blog

3 Idiots, Damini's Take (Part - 2)

3 Idiots, My take - (PART 1)

For the first time...