SmS...!!!!!

"The first thing I do in the morning is check my cell...."Its a group I have joined on FB... But isn't this a fact for the most of us..??

Just talking about yesterday-

I woke up in the morning. Checked my cell besides the pillow.

Nothing new.

Just rubbed my eyes and sent a message to a couple of friends-

"See outside the window...
Sun rising for U,
Flowers Smiling for U,
Birds Singing for U,
'Coz last nite I told them all to wish Good Morning to U...!!

GM :) "


I sent the message and after a while I got a reply-

"Koi fayda nahi yeh sab karke. ;)
Mujhe bahut neend aa rahi hai... Sone de mujhe. GNSD..."


GNSD..This was at 9.00 in the morning.... Great friends..!!

I replied-

"Ok..sleep well... GN.. :) :P"


Now this what I want to talk about today........ SMS....

I have developed this habit of hitting the reply button as soon as I read a message.... I don't know but how over the past few months I reply for most of the messages that I receive.. Even the forwards, just like the one above.

SMS conversations were so much a part of my routine till lately... But now I love this mode of communication I love all those messages in my inbox and I even like to reply for them - be it PJ's ( also includes CID PJ's) or Shayaris or thoughts or Quotes...

Also there are some messages where you have to choose some item from a list and then you are said what the list represents..I even like such messages.

Eg: Which symbol you will select,
For your life partner…
%
=
#
$
?
/
!
Answer will be sent after your reply….
Reply must.This is 100 % True.

Answer (sent after reply)

% Kanjus
= Best Couple
# Every day shopping
$ Non stop kisses
? Half minded
/ A soft touch with a smile
! Bold and smart


Now what connection it has with lifepartner cannot be expalined by even a huge thesis but it is definitely Fun...!!

And such mesages... The one which has figures made using all signs and symbols... They are all also really really cute....

"
! !
| !"\(-.-)
| ! //>
| ! _/ \_


Tring... Tring...

Yaad Dilane Aayi Hon.

Aapke sms Nahi Aa Rahy Hain!

Sms Karo Warna Ghanti Kharab Kar k Bhag Jaon Gi. :-) "

Now the SMS length.... OMG... just 160 words/SMS...
I really find its too short...Specially while chatting. I generally exceed the word limit for one message.. It runs up to 2-3 messages.

I wonder how some people chat in just a couple of words in a message... Just words such as 'k' 'yeah' 'hmm' 'no' '5in' and on, on and on....

My bro also has this habit of just replying in a word to msgs. I asked him once about it to which he replies, rather preaches to me-

"It's not about words.. Its understanding.... Feelings don't need words... Bhavnaon ko samjo.. :P :P"

I thought if there is so much understanding, what is the need to even send such really Short MessageS..!!!

Whenever I write an SMS to someone it is my habit to start wid Hie...Hello.... or atleast end with GM, GD, GE, GN, GNSD, TC etc and loads of smileys... I like to edit messages before sending them. But sometimes I get messages in the evening which have GM written at the end.That really annoys me. How can one not even edit or check that much before sending.

It was the height when one of my younger cousin(lets call him K) sent me an Independence day forward on Republic day.... He dint edit the last line to suit the day. I read and replied...

Me- "Hello..wake up..Today its Republic Day...Not Independence Day...!!"

K- "Ohh..I 4got to edit n chng..."

Me- "Hmmm.... But remember it 4m now..!!" :)

K- "No no teacher...If u say, I will write it in my book a 100 times in my book 'Today is REPUBLIC DAY' and show you....."

Me- "Hehe...naa naa..No need for it...I am not such a strict teacher..!! :P :P

TC... do well with ur exams...Go study nw..Byee..."


And even after saying Byee...we continued talking for some more time before we said the final Byeeee....

Now again this is peculiar about chatting... We continue talking even after saying Byee...cyaaa.... at least 3- 4 times..Ain't it....???

P.S. : I'm loving this SMS style chat. It is really at your convenience, short, sweet, cute and makes me smile.... :)

So what is ur ishhhtyle of SMS..............????

Comments

Nehaz... said…
Hey Urvashi,

Nice to know you, quite similar to me:)

Its been :( that we never got chance/time to know each other...
anyways,cya for wedding preparations!


cheers,
neha
deepa kashyap said…
i love sms lang fr which i gt so many complains in ma blog too :P
well its really a nice post just loved it..
:D :D
the first thing i also do is check my cell in the mornin.

ur cousin reminds me of a friend of mine. he was messaging 'happy new year' to everybody on his list. and it said' happy new year to u and ur family'... and he sent it to his sister too... lolz :)

nice work.
Ordinary Gal said…
nice post. I too check my cell phone first in the morning and i love to do SMS chat late night :)
rohini said…
nice post dear....sms are definitely an interesting mode of communication...the lang is shrt ans sweet and conveys the message instantly...btu many a time it creates confusion or misinterpretation..i hav myself experienced it....though its fun....continue sms'ing......well wats u r mb no....will sms u .....(just joking).........;-)
rohini said…
nice post dear....sms are definitely an interesting mode of communication...the lang is shrt ans sweet and conveys the message instantly...btu many a time it creates confusion or misinterpretation..i hav myself experienced it....though its fun....continue sms'ing......well wats u r mb no....will sms u .....(just joking).........;-)
S said…
I just reply with a :P to most of the SMS'es !


:P
Bikram said…
:) loved reading this post.. reminded me when i use to do what you do.... I dont sms anymore that much... but when i reply my sms are usually 2 -3 combined together.. true how can you write all that in 160 characters I have no idea.

My sms these days are usually .. Mon shift- 6pm to midnight.. how u doing.. what happened.. did u do it..

its mostly about work SAD I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....
Mr Happy said…
u ahve too much time in ur life gal :P
Anonymous said…
urvashi I lovedddd this post of urs a lottt...ur topic + wrting style is too good :)my mbl is my 1st <3..so obviously u can guess our relation ;):P..
Ganesh_Dalal said…
I like your blog, though I don't like SMS's slangs...
I do feel bad when people do such mistakes as you have pointed, I like it when it has personal touch...
And finally I don't SMS.. that is why there is still some room for new SMS in your cell phone..
Pooja Mahimkar said…
oh i love sms'ing too.. its just so much fun and its really convinient.
Meow said…
Am like you ditto with regard to SMS :) your ishtyle is same as mine :) :)
Karthik said…
That was interesting. I too check my cell phone in the morning, as soon as I get up. :D
But some fwdd msgs you mentioned are really stupid, aren't they? :P
Urvashi said…
@Nehaz : Hiie Di..

it was really suprising to see u here.... :)

surely cyaa around soon...

TC :)

@Deepa : SMS Language... well I like it only in SMS...

Thanks :)

@Chandana: Hey ur cousins story is so funny.... :)

Thanks :-)

@An ordianry Gal : SMS Late night..yeah I love tht at times...

but if I m too tired, I jus sleep while chatting.. :P :P

@Rohini : Thanks ...

yeah ..ur point is also correct..sometimes it may lead to

confusion or wrong interpretation..so a lot of care has to be

taken to avoid it.. :)

Haha..mobile num.. will surely let u knw :)

@Sourav : Just a :P
Ohh work made easy..!!
Urvashi said…
@Bikram : Hmmm... mayb ur SMSes have reduced cos u r busy wid work...

Thanks :) cyaa around.. :)

@Lincoln: too much time..well.. i find time for things I like to do..thts it.. :)

@Adreamygal : Hey thnks yaar...

Good..I got to know abt ur 1st <3 ;) :P

@Ganesh : Hmmm... SMS slangs are at too irritating..

Ohhkkk... so u don't SMS... Got to know this now...!!

Thanks...TC :)

@Pooja: Hmm..convenience really helps.. :)

@Meow: same in this too...hey I think V both r v v similar yaar in our habits...rite..??? :) :)

@Karthik: Thnks...yeah...chkin cell is like the first thing..... :)

Hmm...stupid...well I dont like forwards which say do this 10 - 20... n times to get this..that etc...I hope u get wat i mean....

bus, apart from tht...I like all msgs...

even some stupid msgs at times make me smile.. :P :)
buckingfastard said…
i tell u...dis unlimited sms packs r ruining dis generation...wat happnd to da gud old days wen ppl used to tak on phn!!!

ahh actually i m more of a online chatter dan sms chatter...me and most of my frnds are online 24X7...so we dunt need 160 char limitations...:D
Jon said…
I have got a separate mob.. just for the SMS...
SMSing has been really good ...to keep the relationships alive...atleast for namesake....
And we have discovered a parallel English language for SMS..haven't we?
Jon said…
And as Rohini said... SMS can be easily misintrepeted...people can be cheated...
And the worst part is people tend to forget the correct spellings.... So everyone please don't use SMS language while blogging!!!
Sh@s said…
160 word limit reminds me how my friend n i used to write sms to each other without any space between words so dat we cud write as much as possible. It was pure fun and somewhat cryptic. Life has changed i guess these days i check my emails rather than my cell phone the first thing in the morning.
Hey this is my first time here... Enjoying already!

I'm also a sms addict... So can totally relate to the whole post...

I've written a post on CID pjs
Urvashi said…
@BF : yeah....using SMS has reduced the number of conversations ppl hv on phone...actually it feels more persoanl but SMS has its own charm.... n online chatting...thts really awesome n anytime better than SMS... :) :)

@Jon : Hmmm.. relationships exist just fr namesake...?? Dint get u on tht...bcos i m actually in good touch wid ppl to whom I msg...

N yeah...SMS English or rather Hinglish can be so irritating at times....I dont like tht version of English while blogging.. It shd be kept only for chattin n stuff...!!!

Thnx 4 ur views.. :)

@Shas: Wow..thts a nice trick but can take time yaar to read the msg....disecting it into words.. :P :P

Emails....M yet to reach there...!! :)

@Saurabh: Hiee.....

A post on CID PJ's...I'll surely chk tht...!!Thnks... :)
Muzi said…
nice post urvashi..its so true..i too kinda hv a habit of rep bak 2 almost ev sms dat i get...
i dont send sms....we call people .....gaat it...lol hw r u ?
Mingled Minds said…
hey friend...i had tht habit long time back..i am over it anywyaz,i jus simply reply wid a "f9" or "k"..even u will get over it soon..but since u seem to be injoying it..kool...have fun SMSing... :D

Popular posts from this blog

3 Idiots, Damini's Take (Part - 2)

For the first time...

3 Idiots, My take - (PART 1)